Walk to End ALS – Virtual Walk 2021
This year, we’re again turning the Walk events across the province into an online experience in light of the continually evolving situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) and physical distancing measures being taken to stop its spread. We will return to our regular live walks next year.
We know you understand what it means to be part of a resilient, brave and adaptable community and we’re excited to announce that this year, we’re again coming together virtually to show our support for the Walk to End ALS!
ALS DOESN’T STOP AND NEITHER WILL WE!
We invite you to join us online along with our National and International ALS communities on Saturday, June 19th, 2021!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
This is our biggest fundraiser to help people with ALS/MND. Although we can’t walk together, we are all in this together. Your support is needed now more than ever for the same Walk you know and love. We also need to be safe.
What you can do:
1. Join your virtual community by registering yourself or your team today!
2. Fundraise safely online for community-based client support and research. Donations can be completed easily online or there is a pledge form that can be printed out here for those who would prefer to send them in by mail or drop off in person.
3. Share your progress on social media and our Facebook event page. Don’t forget to tag us @ALSmanitoba and continue using hashtags #WalktoEndALS #ALSDoesntStop #communityisntcancelled
4. Join us on our Facebook event page on Saturday, June 19th, 2021 at 4:00pm (Manitoba time) when we wrap up this year’s event with special messages from our Executive Director and Sponsors.
Stay tuned for more information about what event day will look like this year as well as ideas to keep you connected while physical distancing and isolation measures are in place.
Register today and join your virtual community in supporting the Walk to End ALS.
We can’t thank you enough for your continued support!
Your Walk to End ALS support team
ABOUT THE WALK TO END ALS
The Walk for ALS is now the Walk to End ALS!
Our new look and name capture our determination and drive to create a future without ALS.
The Walk to End ALS is the largest volunteer-led fundraiser for ALS Societies across Canada. Family-friendly and fun, it unites Canadians in their desire to put an end to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Celebrate hope for a future without ALS. Honour those we have loved and lost. Show support and give hope to clients and their families living with this disease.
HELP AND HOPE FOR PEOPLE AFFECTED BY ALS
Your fundraising efforts and generous donations enable ALS Societies to provide community-based support to people and families living with the disease and support the best ALS research in the country.
60% COMMUNITY-BASED SUPPORT
About the Brain Canada match
- In 2021, 40% of funds raised through the Walk are being earmarked for a match from Brain Canada, to a maximum of $1 million. Please note that the other 60% raised will fund community-based support and is not eligible for the match.
- Matched funds will be invested in ALS research in 2021.
- Charitable tax receipts will be issued for all donations received in 2021 and in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines will be for the donation amount only. Donations will not be designated for a specific research project, professional, institution, or area of study.
- The Canada Brain Research Fund is an innovative partnership between the Government of Canada (through Health Canada) and Brain Canada, designed to encourage Canadians to increase their support of brain research, and maximize the impact and efficiency of those investments.
Help Us. Remember ALS DOESN’T STOP AND NEITHER WILL WE!