ALS Society

of Manitoba


La Société

Manitobaine de la SLA


Walk to End ALS 2023 – Brandon, Manitoba

Posted on January 19, 2023 by Matthew Honey

We had a great time at the Walk to End ALS Brandon, Manitoba. A BIG thank you to all those who came out! 

Special Note:

ALS Canada has updated their Walk to End ALS Registration website this year.

What Does This Mean?

Everyone will need to setup a new User Login as the information from previous years will no longer work.

Brandon Walk to End ALS
Date:Saturday, June 24th
Location:The Riverbank Discovery Centre
Registration:10 AM
Walk Start:11 AM
Register at:Walk to End ALS – Manitoba
  • Walk to End ALS 2022 Brandon


We are actively seeking donations and sponsorships. While we are excited to carry on in-person walks again, and we love utilizing the Riverbank Discovery Centre, there are always costs to cover.  If you would like to help out by sponsoring a portion of this event, please contact Taryn. 


If you would like to contribute to the silent auction, which we hold at the Walk to End ALS, we would be overjoyed! If you are donating from a business, the walk attracts several hundred walkers, who would have exposure to your kindly donated gift. Thank you in advance; every donation is very much appreciated.   

About the Walk to End ALS

The Walk to End ALS is the largest volunteer-led fundraiser for ALS Societies across Canada. Family-friendly and fun, it unites Canadians in their desire to put an end to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Celebrate hope for a future without ALS. Honour those we have loved and lost. Show support and give hope to clients and their families living with this disease.

Help and Hope for People Affected by ALS

Your fundraising efforts and generous donations enable ALS Societies to provide community-based support to people and families living with the disease and support the best ALS research in the country.

60% Community-Based Support

Sixty percent of proceeds directly benefit the ALS Society of Manitoba, enabling us to provide community-based support to people affected by ALS/MND. Support varies by province based on the gaps within the healthcare system and can include educational information, referrals to local health care and community services, equipment assistance, home visits and support groups.

40% Research

Forty percent of proceeds are directed to the ALS Canada Research Program where they are invested in the best ALS research in Canada awarded annually following a peer-reviewed competition.

About the Brain Canada Match

  • In 2023, 40% of funds raised through the Walk are being earmarked for a match from Brain Canada. Please note that the other 60% raised will fund community-based support and is not eligible for the match.
  • Matched funds will be invested in ALS research in 2023.
  • Charitable tax receipts will be issued for all donations received in 2023 and in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines will be for the donation amount only. Donations will not be designated for a specific research project, professional, institution, or area of study.
  • The Canada Brain Research Fund is an innovative partnership between the Government of Canada (through Health Canada) and Brain Canada, designed to encourage Canadians to increase their support of brain research and maximize the impact and efficiency of those investments.

Memories of 2022...

The day started off nice and sunny.  The cars arrived, tents were set up and the people were coming. A large table filled with numerous donations given by local businesses was front and centre for the silent auction. Another table hosted multiple boxes of donuts and beverages to keep everyone’s sugar levels up. The 2022 Walk to End ALS was ready to begin! 

We had a wonderful time and brought a lot of hope to those living with ALS/MND. The folks in Brandon beat their fundraising goal by four times – will you take part in the Walk this year? We can’t wait to see you in 2023.

In the meantime enjoy some of these memories in the gallery below…

Walk to End ALS 2022 Brandon