ALS Society

of Manitoba


La Société

Manitobaine de la SLA


Walk to End ALS – Brandon

Posted on March 18, 2024 by Matthew Honey

Walk to End ALS Brandon, Manitoba is officially booked once again at Riverbank Discovery Centre (same place as last year). Mark it on your calendar now for the morning of Saturday,  June 8th. We look forward to seeing you!

Walk to End ALS 2024
Date: Saturday, June 8, 2024
Location: Riverbank Discovery Centre
Registration: 10:00 AM
Walk Start: 11:00 AM
Register at: Walk to End ALS – Brandon

About the Walk to End ALS

The Walk to End ALS stands as Canada’s premier volunteer-driven fundraiser for ALS Societies nationwide. This family-friendly event fosters unity among Canadians, all sharing a common goal: eradicating Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. It’s a celebration of optimism for a future free from ALS, a tribute to cherished memories, and a beacon of support and encouragement for those affected by this disease and their families.

Help and Hope for People Affected by ALS

Through your fundraising endeavors and gracious contributions, ALS Societies can extend vital community-based assistance to individuals and families affected by the disease. Additionally, your support fuels top-tier ALS research initiatives nationwide.

60% Community-Based Support

Sixty percent of proceeds directly support the ALS Society of Manitoba, empowering us to offer tailored community-based aid to those impacted by ALS/MND. Assistance varies by province, addressing gaps in healthcare systems and encompassing educational resources, local healthcare and community service referrals, equipment aid, home visits, and support groups.

40% Research

Forty percent of proceeds are directed to the ALS Canada Research Program where they are invested in the best ALS research in Canada awarded annually following a peer-reviewed competition.

About the Brain Canada Match

  • In 2024, 40% of funds raised through the Walk are being earmarked for a match from Brain Canada. Please note that the other 60% raised will fund community-based support and is not eligible for the match.
  • Matched funds will be invested in ALS research in 2024.
  • Charitable tax receipts will be issued for all donations received in 2024 and in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines will be for the donation amount only. Donations will not be designated for a specific research project, professional, institution, or area of study.
  • The Canada Brain Research Fund is an innovative partnership between the Government of Canada (through Health Canada) and Brain Canada, designed to encourage Canadians to increase their support of brain research and maximize the impact and efficiency of those investments.
Walk to End ALS Brandon