Hosting an Event
Hosting a Third Party Event in support of the ALS Society of Manitoba
A unique and wonderful way to give to the ALS Society of Manitoba is through holding a Third Party Event. These fundraising events are planned by outside parties who give the proceeds to the ALS Society of Manitoba.
Have fun while raising money! Here are some great ideas you can try at your work, school or neighbourhood:
- Jeans / Dress Down Day: Pay $5 to wear jeans to work
- Loose Change: Put containers out at retail businesses for loose change
- Jail and Bail: Arrest locals who have to raise money before they get “paroled”
- Poker Tournament
- Softball Tournament: Charge an entry fee for each team
- Baskets (Theme) Auction: Put together theme baskets to be auctioned off
- Office Easter Egg Hunt: Charge to hunt eggs at work…look for the prize egg
- Car Wash
- Book Sale: Have a used book sale at work
- Silent Auction: Have a silent bake auction for a sweet fundraiser
- Talent Show: Charge admission for a “No Talent Show”
- Crafts Auction: Make and sell all kinds of crafts
- Yard Sales: Have a community wide sale
- House Cleaning: Clean houses for donations
- Hang People’s Christmas Lights: Charge for hanging them and taking down
- Gift Wrapping: Set up a Christmas package wrapping station at a mall for donations
- Take Pictures with Santa: Take donations for pictures with Santa
- Skate-A-Thon: Host a special night at a skating rink
- Face Painting: Charge for face painting at a community event
- Chili Cook off: Charge entry fee and for samples
- Hula Hoop Contest: Great for kids AND adults! See who can go the longest
- Ice Cream Social: Charge admission to sample this sweet treat
- Office Bingo
- Lemonade Stand: Set one up on a hot summer day!
- Candy Gumball Machine: Put this in your office for everyone to purchase
- Most beautiful baby contest: Vote with money donations for the cutest baby
- Dance Contest: Charge an entry fee to participate
For a complete look at Third Party Event Planning for the ALS Society of Manitoba, please read the Guidelines and Agreement Form.
To discuss your fundraising idea or to start planning your event, please contact the Event and Fundraising Coordinator for the ALS Society of Manitoba at 204-831-1510 or email@example.com.
Your efforts will help to fund the services provided by the ALS Society of Manitoba and will create awareness about ALS/MND in the community. Your event might be the way that someone finds out about the ALS Society of Manitoba and makes it their charity of choice!