Gift-In-Kind Equipment Donations
How to Donate Medical Equipment to the ALS Society of Manitoba
If you have medical equipment in good working condition and it meets our criteria, you can donate it and find it a good home. Please follow the process below:
- Contact the Client Services Coordinator at 204-831-1510.
- Please have the age of the item, brand name, model name and size to assist us in determining if there is a need for this item in our inventory.
- If you reside outside of Winnipeg, you may be asked to provide a photo of the item prior to the ALS Society accepting the responsibility for shipping it to our office.
- The ALS Society appreciates it if an item can be dropped off at our office or has prepaid shipping.
- When the item for donation is received into our office it is assessed for the current value (not the value that the item was purchased for).
- The ALS Society of Manitoba issues a tax receipt based on the assessed value within 8 weeks of the donation. Please note that we only provide tax receipts for items accessed at $500 or more.
List of Durable Medical Equipment Accepted for Donation
Based on condition and storage availability, below is a list of durable medical equipment gratefully accepted by the ALS Society of Manitoba.
All items MUST be in good working condition for consideration.
- Power wheelchairs
- Manual wheelchairs
- Hospital beds (Invacare brand only)
- Bath aids
- Floor & 2 post lift systems
- IV poles
- Portable ramps
- Communication aids
Please note the following:
- The ALS Society will not issue tax receipts for items that have been dropped off at our office without notification to the Client Services Coordinator.
- The ALS Society cannot accept homemade or altered items.
- The ALS Society does not accept donor provided assessments unless completed by a recognized medical equipment supplier or occupational therapist.
We thank you very much for thinking of the ALS Society of Manitoba when donating medical equipment!